- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
- For the squid, combine the oil, garlic and squid rings. Refrigerate, 20 minutes.
- For the roasted tomatoes, toss the tomatoes, oil, thyme, bay leaf and rosemary together. Season with salt and pepper and roast, 15 minutes.
- For the caper chermoula, combine all of the ingredients in blender and process until smooth, 2 minutes.
- For the stir-fry, heat a splash of olive oil in a large cast iron pan over high heat. Add the marinated squid and sauté, 1 minute. Add the carrots, red peppers, yellow peppers and onions and sauté, 4 minutes. Add the roasted tomatoes and spinach and sauté, 1 minute.
- To serve, drizzle the chermoula sauce over the stir-fry and sprinkle the feta on top.
TIP: For an authentic South African twist replace half of the peppers with fresh sweetcorn kernels instead.
Wine pairing: MCC Brut Rosé, Helderberg region
60ml (¼ cup) olive oil
20ml (4 tsp) garlic, finely chopped
400g Pescanova Natural squid rings
ROASTED TOMATOES INGREDIENTS:
150g cocktail tomatoes, halved
15ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
5ml (1 tsp) thyme, chopped
1 bay leaf
5ml (1 tsp) rosemary, chopped
salt and pepper
CAPER CHERMOULA INGREDIENTS:
15ml (1 tbsp) green jalapeño, deseeded
15ml (1 tbsp) garlic, chopped
15ml (1 tbsp) lemon juice
pinch smoked paprika
60ml (¼ cup) coriander, chopped
60ml (¼ cup) parsley, chopped
60ml (¼ cup) red onion, chopped
5ml (1 tsp) tahini paste
25ml (5 tsp) olive oil
60ml (¼ cup) capers
30ml (2 tbsp) brown sugar
olive oil, for stir-frying
200g carrots, peeled and julienned
100g red pepper, julienned
100g yellow pepper, julienned
100g red onion, thinly sliced
100g baby spinach
250ml (1 cup / 90g) feta, crumbled