sunflower oil, for deep-frying
250g Pescanova Tapas battered formed mini rings
6 mini pita breads, toasted
handful mint leaves, to garnish
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- For the quinoa salad, add the quinoa to a saucepan, cover with water and cook covered,10 minutes. Cool.
- Toss the quinoa with the remaining salad ingredients and season to taste.
- For the apricot preserve, combine all of the ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat and simmer until soft, 10 minutes. Blend until smooth.
- For the tzatziki, combine all of the ingredients and set aside.
- To serve, heat the oil for deep-frying to 180°C. Fry the rings until golden, 5 minutes. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Add the salad, apricot preserve, additional sun-dried tomatoes, tzatziki, deep-fried rings, pitas and mint leaves to different serving dishes and allow each guest to dish for themself mezze-style.
Tip: For a healthier alternative, bake the rings at 180°C for 10 minutes instead of deep-frying.
Wine pairing: Bukettraube, Darling region
Recipe and image by: Robin Manktelow
Wine pairing by: Lizamarie van Niekerk
QUINOA SALAD INGREDIENTS:
125ml (½ cup / 100g) quinoa
250ml (1 cup) water
125ml (½ cup / 70g) cucumber, diced
125ml (½ cup / 70g) tomato, diced
125ml (½ cup / 100g) red onion, diced
100g flaked almonds, toasted
60ml (¼ cup) mint, chopped
60ml (¼ cup) parsley, chopped
60ml (¼ cup) olives, chopped
125ml (½ cup) pomegranate rubies
60ml (¼ cup) feta, crumbled
60ml (¼ cup) dried apricots, thinly sliced
30ml (2 tbsp) sundried tomatoes + extra to serve
15ml (1 tbsp) lemon juice
salt and pepper
APRICOT PRESERVE INGREDIENTS:
250ml (1 cup / 100g) dried apricots
60ml (¼ cup / 50g) sugar
125ml (½ cup) water
30ml (2 tbsp) medium curry powder
250ml (1 cup) double cream yogurt
15ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
60ml (¼ cup) cucumber, grated
1 (4g) garlic clove, creamed
1 medium lemon, zested
30ml (2 tbsp) lemon juice